Tuesday, August 12, 2008

open the door, lay on the floor, you been robbed.

Biggie's "Playa Hata" has been running through my head all night, especially since we just got robbed. I partially don't believe it. But today, my mom and I came home (around 3:30 ish) and found that someone had broken into our home.

What the fucking fuck?

It's kinda funny (not really) cuz we were home watching Tyra, we cleaned our rooms... all without realizing that we had gotten robbed. The motherfuckers took my brother's PS2, my jewelry box (filled with all junk, except for the gold chain and cross that my dad gave me for christmas when i was 12), the printer and my mom's bike. They left three other bikes, the huge Mac computer above the printer, our passports and ss cards, my violin (that they took out) the surround sound stereo system, my mom's REAL jewelry just CHILLIN on the floor, in the living room etc, our huge ass tv, yo.. the list goes on. Dumb. Ass. Robbers.

It wasn't the fact that someone stole our shit. I mean, yeah, that pissed me off. But it was the fact that someone had actually forced their way into our home, our space. I know that the robber isn't necessarily male, but the idea of a male intruding into a space that is woman-run hurts me. I keep thinking that someone is still here- and it's hard enough, me being as paranoid as I am all the time. And mannn am I paranoid. Thanks to my moms connections we had detectives and cops all over our house, searching every nook and cranny. But still.. there's always that worry that they missed a spot.

And I'm afraid that my little brother is going to be scarred by this. He is already terrified of entering the house, and I can't be as strong for him as I would like to be. I'm a wimp, what can I say. My mother is really strong, but she is just as scared as we are, I can tell. And it annoys me that she can't show that she is frightened too. But I appreciated it for Ja Ja's sake.

Man, am I mad. I am so fucking angry.

Safe spaces have become so important to me. And what space is supposed to be safer than yo mama's house?? I have a feeling that I won't be able to sleep tonight.

I really wish I had someone that could call to come over and keep me safe.
... I guess I can cuddle up with pillow tonight and make due, lol.

Keep me and my family in your prayers, please!

1 comment:

Brittney said...

babyboooooooo!

I felt the saaaame way when we got robbed. I grew up with just me, my moo, and my sisters. We were living in NC at the time, my mother was back in school and working full time, we had cleaned the house or dome something to help her out, and she was in a good mood so she took us out to eat. now she was an earthy crunchy dreadlocked, nature's blessing on the scalp, don't forget where you came from kind of mama, but we were also broke, so we got to go to mcdonalds, which, to us, was a RAAAAARE occurance and a very big deal. But who eats there?? It was almost christmas, our tree was up, we wanted to go home and eat our delicious fried foods in front of the TV.

We walked in and saw a huge rock in the middle of the floor. First we blame each other, since we all collected rocks back then, who didn't put their rocks in the jar!? hen we realize it was thrown thru back window...

i remember how we all sat outside, afraid to waste food our mo had just bought, but with no appetite at all. same story as yours, detectives, po-po etc...

there's nothing like the hard earned home of a black woman. it's so fiercely full of and covered in love, a child thinks it impenetrable.

i remember being afriad that they'd looked at all of the pictures on the walls and on the piano and knew who we were. i flinched a lot after that just walking down the street coming up with stories that placed every stranger I passed at my house that day.

They left the good stuff at my house too!

Police said they were crackheads looking for easy things to pawn.

i hope you slept well my love, the fear goes away... you're house with the cute pictures in the bathroom and new little layout your mom configured, is SO obviously full of love, and soon, that's all your brother will remember too.

I'm sorry you got robbed! But keep your eye on the bigger things, thank god you weren't there, and be blessed!

I LOVE YOU