Monday, October 18, 2010

another love poem (by someone who is in love with being in love)

you are looking at me
like you want to know me. biblically.
you smile slow and show
your shark teeth and i am melting.
you.
are.
so.
fine.
do you know it? damn.
my eyes have
found you in the crowd again. how do they do that?
like there's some
magnetic attraction between them and that spot
between your shoulder blades. right below
the nape of your neck. i see that spot and
i want to tell you everything.
share every dirty thought i've had since fifth grade
till five seconds ago. like how
i'm imagining how soft your hair is.. everywhere.
or that when our eyes meet, and you get quiet,
your silence always sounds expectant. as if
you are waiting for me to... what,
exactly?

when you drag your feet,
i want to tell you that it's okay to stay.
that i want you here. that i am waiting for you
to whisper truths into my mouth.

man, it's been a long time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stokes, did you write this poem?

So. Sexy. This, this, this part:

"i see that spot and
i want to tell you everything.
share every dirty thought i've had since fifth grade
till five seconds ago."

Slays me. I'm dying.

-M