Monday, August 23, 2010

dreams

all of my recent dreams seem to be about some apocalyptic queer brown revolution. everyone seems to like this until i tell them that in my dreams we are dying. we are forced to live like scavengers, only coming out when we can cloak our blackness with the heavy darkness of night. but for the first time in a long time i had a nicer dream. i met a woman. she was beautiful and her house had the most lovely garden, filled with all of my favorite yellow flowers. we talked about i dont remember what- but i do remember that our conversation left me feeling exceptionally happy. i left her house tasting like lemon bars and despite myself, i ran. was i running to the store? i can't remember. but i could run, for once in my dream i didnt feel like i was being weighed down by my body. i passed my old philly neighborhood, waved to the old friends and neighbors who cheered me on as i ran. i turned the corner and saw an old high school peer riding his bike. he gave me a big wave, toppled off his bike, and was thrown into traffic, where he was run over by the nearest car. and i didn't even have time to avert my eyes.

No comments: