Thursday, June 21, 2012

sweet karma (i guess my pride is a little bruised)


twinfriend.

sisterbrother, with the sweet brown eyes 
that hold my gaze, steady: 
i wanted to be more heartbroken 
when i told you 
that you could have a piece of me,
like an extra piece of cake
snuck to you 
on the sly, 
and you handed it back to me, sheepishly
and told me that 
you were already too full. 

i guess i'm less mad at you, more
mad at "the place". 
the same  fucking place 
that i often vacationed in when
i saw love, skipping merrily 
towards my front door. 
and lovers were mad, cuz 
theyd been knocking on my front door, waiting
to be let in. 

"sorry! i'm in 'the place!' but i'll 
send you a postcard."

well, i've learned my lesson,
and i'll take my karma, 
and i'll make sure to laugh because i get it now. 
the cake was probably too sweet anyway. 

No comments: