Friday, January 1, 2010

HOLY FLIPPIN STICKS, TWENTY TEN!!!

I have entered the beginning of the third decade of my life.

Well, sort of. I mean, if you want to get technical, it's the beginning of my fourth decade, since I was around for the last half of the 80's, OR rather, I finished my two decades halfway this year.. but whatever. It just sounds cooler the first way.

Right.

I'm thinking about who I am, who I want to be, what I want to do with my life, with this amazing decade. And I think after going to Londy, I have a cleared idea. I want to travel. I want to move around and explore. I want to push my boundaries. I guess I want to grow up. I talk a lot about needing security, continuity, stability. But I think I don't need it fiscally or physically, but more mentally, emotionally, spiritually. I am bad with Jan resolutions, but I still do have goals for myself. I want to at a certain point with my body, with my self, with my work, and my relationships by the time I turn 21. That would be nice. I will try toward those goals, but I know that overall, they might be a bit idealistic. I won't beat up myself for not reaching them, though. Maybe that will be my resolution- to be more confident and trust in myself more. Not freak out so easily. I have faith, and it will get me through life.

My big brother called me one of the biggest hustlers he knew. That really made my heart happy. Not just because I really like Cassidy's "I'm a Hustla". But because I work my fucking ass off just to get by (yeah, I like Talib too). But I felt acknowledged. The fact that my 29 y-old brother respects and recognizes the struggles I go through to get what I need to get done made me feel really good. And it made me want to do even better, bigger things. This year is gonna be about hustlin, cuz I definitely feel like I've been sleeping for the past two years.

Also, I feel like this year is going to be filled with a lot of love. I really do. And healing. But not the licking of wounds that fall of 09 was for me. I do admit that this past term was like a band-aid on a wound that kept opening. But I think I can finally move on from events, from people. I'm genuinely excited. I even made this.



Happy New Years, everyone. I am truly grateful for all of you. Let's work together to make this year flipping fantastic.

No comments: