Friday, May 15, 2009

notes on kissing, part 2

VI.

sometimes in your sleep things that you don't even realize you were thinking of come back to haunt you. in the past week i have kissed at least three people in my dreams, and every night i wake up feeling guilty.

the first person was on a bus. they were introduced to me once, as a crush of a friend. i kept telling them no, what would our friend think, and not to stand up when a bus is in motion. they told me they didnt care and pulled at my bottom lip with their teeth. i woke up licking my lips.

i kissed the second one, a personal friend, in a dark room. it looked a lot like my grandmother's bedroom, except it didn't reek of mothballs and dying. i told them happy birthday. they told me everyone else forgot except for me. as i walked out of the room, they pulled me close to them and kissed me one, two, three times. i woke up satisfied.

i went to bed the third time dreaming of that second kiss and hoping for a repeat. instead, i kissed a grrl i barely know. her best friend was in the room- i think we were all in a museum. definitely the most disappointing. i woke up laughing.

i guess its pretty obvious what my body is telling me. always stay seated in a moving vehicle, don't ever forget your friend's birthdays, and avoid museums at all costs.

No comments: